- Locație Plant Sibiu 2
- Nivel Specialist
- Departament IT
- System administrator / IT specialist / Solution developer
- min. 3 years of professional experience in the field of server and data center operations
- Extensive knowledge in the design and support of Microsoft server environments, virtualization solutions (e.g. VMWare, …), backup strategies, monitoring, and patch management.
- Design, architecture, operations & further development of server rooms / data center. Standardization and harmonization of worldwide server environment considering the actual economic situation of Bilstein and available state-of-the-art technology. Development of alternative scenarios and system concepts to increase efficiency and reduce maintenance efforts. Validate and negotiate options realize projects, solutions and operations in cooperation with external suppliers. Coordinate internal interfaces w. other IT and business functions.”
- “Setup and implementation of a new server management concept. Introduction of a new patch management and continuously further development and monitoring of systems and update status. Centralized server maintenance e.g. steering and controlling of server updates.”
- Monitoring and troubleshooting of worldwide server systems. Continuously development of utilized monitoring solutions. Derivation of response plans for various error scenarios. Protection of server systems using appropriate hard- and software tools.
- Implementation and further development of backup and recovery strategies considering BU emergency reaction plans as well as IT Security and customer requirements.
- Introduction of Lifecycle Management for server systems. Planning and execution of migration projects of EOL systems to state-of-the-art systems.
- Planning and execution of IT projects for the whole BU within the descripted fields of activity.
- As the described job is meant as a worldwide BU function, the job holder has to ensure communication and collaboration with the respective IT coordinators in other international Bilstein locations as well as with the leading Data Center Engineer from Germany.
- Create and maintain documentation for the described fields of activity.